The Process Engineer plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage manufacturing engineering documentation.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Establish and coordinate required tooling activities or reviews and evaluates proposals for existing and new manufacturing processes.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing personnel.
- Specify process for new programs or modify for existing programs.
- Provide cost requirements for relevant programs.
- Formulate specification packages for release programs to outside suppliers.
- Evaluate received supplier bid packages on quoted programs and report recommendations.
- Review and finalize supplier selection with other responsible parties and departments.
- Monitor and provide direction throughout build process according to QS/ISO and DMA specifications procedures.
- Provide support for equipment runoff and PPAP.
- Provide support for other plan floor operations as required.
- Process routings.
- Review all processes and work with outside suppliers to explore new manufacturing processes.
- Review new equipment purchases and rebuild projects
- Provide continuous improvement process activities
- Provide support for new launches
- Provide tooling assessments
- Gaging knowledge best practices
- Grease flow and error proof of that system
- Recommend and evaluate machine tool suppliers
- Lean process knowledge
- Ability to assess product drawing for manufacturability
Specific Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment. Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Program management experience preferred. Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
**Prior Quoting experience a plus**
**Prior Programing experience a plus**
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline preferred or equivalent training.
DMA Employment Application